Get Involved with
World Heritage USA
The International Council on Monuments and Sites (US/ICOMOS) guides and promotes activities through an extensive membership network of preservation professionals, institutions, and organizations, including specialized scientific committees.
Membership in US/ICOMOS is open to all individuals who care about preserving our world’s cultural heritage.
US/ICOMOS is a private, non-profit, non-governmental organization with 501(c)(3) status. Therefore all dues and donations are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by U.S. law.
- Invitations to US/ICOMOS events
- Reduced registration fees to US/ICOMOS conferences and workshops
- Exclusive World Heritage USA Members’ Quarterly E-Newsletter
- Monthly US/ICOMOS at Work News Blasts
- Updates and Information on national conferences and seminars
- Access to email newsletters and online knowledge forums
In addition to the benefits listed above, International members enjoy:
- ICOMOS membership card providing free or reduced admission to many heritage sites and museums worldwide
- Priority access to the services of the International Secretariat and to the UNESCO-ICOMOS Documentation Centre
- Possibility of participating in International Scientific Committees and activities
- Participation in an international professional network (expert meetings, professional workshops, scientific exchanges, training programs)
- Possibility of participating in the triennial ICOMOS General Assembly
- Subscription to ICOMOS international newsletter
- Discount on selected publications
Young Professional — $70 per year
For full-time students and professionals age 30 and under, this category provides all the benefits of International membership, including the ICOMOS Card, at a reduced price.
National Affiliate — $140 per year
Includes all standard benefits, but does not include the ICOMOS Card or eligibility for International Scientific Committee Service.
International — $210 per year
International members also may elect to apply for Expert Member status or Observer status on any of the ICOMOS International Scientific Committees (ISCs). You can find the list of ISCs and more information at https://www.icomos.org/en/network/international-scientific-committees
Institutional — $700 per year (up to 4 members)
Institutional membership is a cost-effective way to promote US/ICOMOS membership within your organization or firm. Designate up to four staff, faculty, trustees, or other individuals associated with your organization for International membership and each will receive all the benefits, including the ICOMOS Card.
Supporting Institution — $1,500 per year (up to 8 members)
Up to eight designees for International membership, all benefits of Institutional membership plus special listing in the US/ICOMOS Annual Report.
Sponsor/Benefactor Institution — $2,500 per year
All benefits of Supporting membership plus special mention in the US/ICOMOS Annual Report and at the US/ICOMOS Annual Leadership Conference.
Donate to US/ICOMOS
We need your help!
US/ICOMOS operates as a not-for-profit organization, so the donations you make are tax-deductible. Membership dues account for less than five percent of the operating budget. To achieve its mission, US/ICOMOS depends on the generous philanthropy of foundations, members, and friends.